School Holiday Program
Mon 26 June - Fri 7 July 2023
Winter School Holiday Program
At Sunshine Coast Karate
Maroochydore Full-Time Dojo
2 Full Weeks of Karate, Fun & Friendship
Week 1 (Mon 26 – Fri 30 June) & Week 2 (Mon 3 – Fri 7 July)
- New students will learn the basics of karate, a great way to kick start your martial arts journey
- Members will extend on the karate skills they already have and learn cool, new things too
- You will learn some practical self-defence techniques to help you stay safe
- You’ll exercise your body, your mind and your manners (parents love that last one)
- You will have have fun making new friends and participating in team challenge activities everyday
- There will also be demonstrations and competitions too
The holiday program runs for 2 full weeks and will be run in conjunction with normal weekly classes at Sunshine Coast Karate. However, for the duration of the holiday program, participants have the flexibility to do some or all of the available sessions.
Week 1 (Mon 26 – Fri 30 June)
Week 2 (Mon 3 – Fri 7 July)
Monday – Thursday
- 3:40 – 4:20pm (Normally for children 4-7 yrs, all holiday program participants welcome)
- 4:30 – 5:20pm (Normally for children 8-12 yrs, all holiday program participants welcome)
- 5:30 – 6:20pm (Normally family class, all ages, all holiday program participants welcome)
- 4:30 – 6:00pm (Normally tournament squad, all holiday program participants welcome)
Holiday Program Cost
Includes: Tuition from world class instructors, karate uniform ($70 value) & protective gloves ($18 value)
$99 Per Person (Week 1 OR Week 2)
$129 Per Person (2 Weeks)
Numbers Are Limited Book Early
Dates: Week 1 (Mon 26 – Fri 30 June) & Week 2 (Mon 3 – Fri 7 July)
Times: 3.40-6.20pm Mon-Thur & 4.30-6.00pm Fri
Address: Sunshine Coast Karate,
Cnr Depot St & Progress Rd, Maroochydore
Sign up 1 Week Only, Both Weeks
Start with a FREE Trial before the Holiday Program
Register Now For The Holiday Program
What People Say About Us
You will love Sunshine Coast Karate. We are hooked!
Our Three Children and I have been training and learning at Sunshine Coast Karate for a few months now. Why I included learning, is that we are not just training, we are learning so many things about Karate, and our selves ourselves and each other.
The whole experience is amazing. There are so many benefits. We are fitter, more flexible and we are doing a really healthy activity together. I am less stressed and more at ease in other areas of my life now. And my children are a lot more confident, have higher self esteem and are a lot more focused at School. We practice at home and we talk about Karate a lot. Its not unusual now for our Children to start a Karate Demonstration after dinner proudly showing us what they have learnt at Karate.
We were already a close family, but now we are a lot closer because we spend more time together, training together and having fun together. And we have also made some great new friends as well. We really feel like we are part of the Sunshine Coast Karate family.
A lot of people might think that Karate is just a lot of Kicking and Punching. Maybe that’s the case with other martial arts, but it is so much more than that at Sunshine Coast Karate. Sensei’s Martin and Sandra are amazing people. And so are all of the other Sensei's, Senpais and leaders at Sunshine Coast karate. Everyone is really positive and encouraging.
There is that perfect balance of discipline for the children, but we also have a lot of fun as well. The Instructors and leaders are so patient with everyone, especially the little Champions (Age 4-8 ). They just know how to bring out the best in everybody. Sometimes I laugh to often and to loudly at my coordination or lack there of. And sometimes when we sit in Seiza watching a demonstration during class, we sit in absolute awe of what we are seeing.
I train in some of the adult classes and in some of my kids classes as well. It is fantastic to be able to train alongside my children. We meditate, we stretch, we strengthen, we sweat, we puff and we laugh. If you don’t know what to expect at your first class, it is kind of like crossfit, mixed with Yoga, Pilates, Meditation , Cardio training, Martial Arts and Self Defence all in one. And if you are like my kids and I, the more you learn about Chito Ryu Karate , the more you will want to learn.
When you join , you will also have access to all of Sunshine Coast Karate’s online recourses. In the members section there are loads of resources to read and videos to watch. And if you have any questions everyone is very approachable and more than willing to share there knowledge on a certain technique.
Please come along and give it try. As they say the hardest part is stepping into the dojo and giving it a try for the first time. You and your Children might be nervous, but honestly there is nothing to be nervous about. There is no such a thing as being really bad when you start learning Karate at Sunshine Coast Karate, there is only room for improvement. What if you and your kids are naturals at Karate. You wont know unless you give it go. If you are willing to give it a try you will find all of the encouragement and support you need at Sunshine Coast Karate. We look forward to seeing you there!
Haven't looked back after starting my 2 boys a year ago. Very Very nice people and extremely patient. Highly recommended. The difference in my boys is amazing.
Sharpen Your Mind
Strengthen Your Body
Calm Your Emotions
- Karate begins and ends with respect. Every time your child visits the dojo, they will practice using respect countless times. Habits we practice are habits we gain.
- Martial arts classes will nurture and develop your child's body in a balanced way. They will become stronger, fitter and healthier. They will also develop muscle tone, mobility, flexibility, co-ordination, improved posture and breathing.
- When your child trains regularly, they will feel better about themselves. They will generally be more happy, harmonious and enjoy a more calm, stable and balanced life.
- Martial arts classes nurture and develop your child's mind which leads to a heightened performance of focus, clarity, productivity, organisation, time management, problem solving and more.
- Earning belts takes commitment, perseverance and much patience. Your child will be challenged, they will develop coping strategies and habits of success to help them navigate through challenges.
- In the dojo, your child will learn how to face adversity with clarity and take the victorious road no matter how difficult it may seem at the time.
Connect With Us
2/14 Depot St (Access via Progress Rd)
Maroochydore, QLD, AUSTRALIA
Across the road from Energex
Ph: 0435 255 323
Sunshine Coast Karate © 2023. All rights reserved.